Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wavy Borders

Measuring borders, finding the center, easing into (or out of) the quilt will eliminate most any quilt-squaring problems. Exhibit 1 shown below:

Unmeasured border
I know this border was not measured because it hangs off the end and doesn't come to a stop at the side border junction. All the other borders are just like this one. Exhibit 2 shown below:

Waves and Ripples
Looking down the length of this border, there are several waves and ripples as well as a very distinct bowing to the border. This too could have been nearly eliminated had the borders been measured and eased in.

I added a half feather to try to work out the "kinks" within the border, but I have a feeling the binding is going to be tricky. I'm just glad it's not me that has to try to work that aspect of this quilt out.

MJ's Table Cloth
I am torn whether to add some pebbling between each of the feather motifs to make them stand out more. I think I'll let MJ decide that when I take it to her on Thursday.

For as little as this quilt was (only about 50 1/2" square), it took two days to complete. Probably because I was fighting with it most of the way.

Next up, a WIP. I was cleaning out the china hutch (what I use to exhibit family mementos and small quilting things) and found a WIP in there. The beginnings of a few somethings I used as examples during Quilt U a few years back (from the Mosaic Madness class). When I shut down last night at nearly 10:00, here's what I completed for the eating area table.

New Table Runner and Four Placemats
Today I have to load and get started on Vicki's quilt. I was too tired last night to load it and Jim has a long day today which gives me a lot of quality time to spend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment