I started out long-arming and then moved on to phase three of Total Eclipse. Each of the border pieces and the trim to go with them, had to be cut to a specific size by color. Then, phase four; laying out all the pieces.
Design walls are a good thing, but not very effective when the paper is still on the foundation pieces. Each piece had to be pinned (in two places) to keep them up there for a visual looksie. I moved quite a few pieces around and after staring at it for the remainder of yesterday and last night, seem pretty pleased with how it's laid out. Today I get to start painstakingly putting them together.
|Before getting on the design wall|
After I put up the Total Eclipse and ate lunch, the other quilt was dry and here is the finished piece.
|Braided in Purple and Yellow|
|Girl Scout Challenge|
Still not satisfied I was ready to leave the studio yet, I then loaded DW up with his newest fashion wear and Ginormous Hexagons are on the frame!