Who says you need a cat?

My long arm friends consistently tell me that having a cat and a long arm can be very interesting. The kitties think the quilt suspended in the air is their hammock. I think it's one of the most expensive cat beds in history.

But who needs a cat? I have Lily. Yesterday, while trying to roll my quilt forward to continue on in my square meander, I found extreme resistance in getting it to advance. I checked my rollers, my gear locks, my clamps. Everything was fine. Except, I forgot to check under my frame at the area where my batting was draped on the floor. Somebody decided to take a nap there and her face spoke volumes!

"Mom, you woke me up from my nap!"
As long as I have Lily around, I guess my want for a cat can get parked to the back burner for she made me realize it certainly is not necessary.

Here are my five blocks so far in The First Snow series. I finished embellishing block number 4 yesterday and had to wait for the glue to dry before I could put it onto the pile.
Not a very good pic, but you get the idea.

Our Sugar Block block came through last night, as expected. Today I plan on finishing the quilt on the frame and working on that block so off I go to sew, sew, sew.

Comments

Popular Posts