Everybody's Home!

Well, except Andrew and Laura (and Tristan to be), but they still have another 10 or so months in Cali before finishing their PhD's.

Today I'm going to experiment with a new tool I picked up a while ago. It's a rotary cutter specifically  designed for cutting circles.

I snagged a little Yo-Yo Dachshund pattern when mom and I were out shop hopping prior to her trip out west two weeks ago. The pattern requires about 40 or so yo-yo's of various sizes to complete. I don't know who or what I'm making the dog for, but he's cute and thought it would be a nice change of pace before getting back into my serious quilt making mode.

Yesterday I completed mom's table runner.



She was pleased to get it when we brought her back last night, as well as her tomatoes Jim picked fresh out of the garden yesterday afternoon.

While Jim was putting up pickles, I was making this little guy. Isn't he cute? I'm not sure what I'll do with him exactly, but I just had to make one after watching how to do it on the MSQC tutorial from last week.

Bwk, Bwk, I'm a Chicken!



Comments

Popular Posts