Busy Day!

Yo-yo is done! Isn't he cute? The unfortunate thing is that he is pretty fragile. I don't think I used the correct sized yo-yo's to complete him so maybe I'll have to make another one somewhere along the line using the correct sized pieces.

Yo-Yo...our newest family addition
After I completed my little dog, I moved into "training" mode and worked on some more feathers. I think I'm actually starting to get a handle on these things. This was my first attempt yesterday and after doing pretty well, shut down DW. We were on a roll and I didn't want to jinx it.

Learning how to quilt feathers
I was also working on some filler pebbles and swirls. My first swirls, as you can see in the pic, weren't so hot; they later turned out okay once I figured out how to leave one and move onto another. There seems to be a trick to this and of course I had to watch my class video about three more times to actually get it (see, I'm still not feeling very well).

Since Tuesday passed us by, I thought I better do my weekly block for The First Snow series. This one almost physically hurt me since I laid blue next to yellow within the block, but I know that sometimes ya just gotta spit into the wind. :-)

The First Snow, week 7
I know that you saw this yesterday, but I have to repost this pic. After exhausting all my artistic family member resources out and trying to find a graphic designer to design my logo, decided to do my own design work. It's my company so I guess I have all the say in where I want things to head.

I loved the way this piece turned out and decided to make it my logo. I fiddled with the photography and lighting and with the camera dad gave to me a few years back, was able to make a decent pic of this top, so here is my new logo and as of yesterday, my business cards are on their way. They should be arriving in about two weeks. It was way past time to get them ordered! One more "to do" on my list has been checked off!

My new logo!

Comments

Popular Posts