A Little Distracted

Okay, so I have all these great ideas in my head in the morning about what it is I want to do during the day and then the weather, the polar vortex, sounds the birds make (you get the idea) distract me or send me in an entirely different direction. I'm a woman; I'm entitled!

I did work on a few of the Amish Stars blocks. Three I think. Whooohooo!

I did work on my little yo-yo dog for quite a while actually. The pattern did not signify that the head portion had to have one piece and one piece reversed cut out, so I had only two in the same direction and could not figure out why the center piece would not work with the second head piece. Ugh! This is why I don't do traditional sewing. I had JUST enough fabric to recut a reversed head piece.


After fighting with Yo-yo for nearly the whole afternoon, It was time to move on to other things.

Here is my first attempt at my first feather from my Craftsy class. Not bad. The instructor suggest trying the feather with both the stitch regulator on and off. The first one has the regulator on. Quite honestly, I've never worked DW with the regulator off, so today I'll be moving into the unknown. Scary!!

I threw in the pebbles since my spine was so far apart
I am still not feeling very well, and was becoming a little dizzy after setting up and playing on the long arm so decided to get on the computer and monkey around there. I had a few research items to check on and then I made an executive decision and fulfilled one of my pattern wishes.

I've been eyeing this pattern now for about six months. It was $5 and since I seem to have a handle on this paper-piecing thing after Amazon Star, knew that I could probably handle this complex little critter. I completed nearly half of it prior to shutting down for the day, so that's where I'm headed to first today (so she says). Who knows where the gloomy day will send me after that?

Comments

Popular Posts