Still Hexing

In case you were wondering (or you weren't just the same), I am still working on hexagons. I take them to meetings and other boring events where I can work with my fingers and listen at the same time. Doctor offices and hospitals are a great place to work on hexi's as well as guild meetings when I'm not attaching a quilt binding.

Here are a few from last night.


When I arrived home last night I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me...three of our five children were here! I didn't think they were coming out until tomorrow night but I'll take them either way!
With the children came the usual; dirt, food consumption, the latest news, and projects.

Project number 1: Caleb decided he needed some buttons re-fastened onto a few pairs of shorts. More shorts are needed since school has officially started.
Project number 2: Another commission quilt. A T-Shirt commission quilt. A T-Shirt commission quilt for the same gentlemen who hired me to do the Spartan quilt for the frat house. Wow!

Here's what I was given exactly as it was given to him to give to me.

Bag-Full-O-T-Shirts
I don't know what size, what colors, what the person is like I'm making this for. I just know it's his mom. I'll start to get the t-shirts prepped today and take stock in what we have to work with. From there, I'll contact the customer and discuss the above mentioned unanswered questions.

Oh, by the way, an iron that steams while making quilts ROCKS! I've been using my new iron now for about a week and it is WAY, WAY, WAY easier to get my work done with steam. Thank you Katie M. for your effort in getting this to me. You da man! I love my guild members and all we do for each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Comments

Popular Posts