Finished! Complete! Hurray!

The top is done! The top is done! The top is done!

It looks extremely nice and am very pleased at the colors. There were a few colors that I kind of wondered about, but hey, it was either going to come out as a blue blob or a really sharp looking piece. I think the later applies here!

The Amazon Star top is completed!

It looks like some of the seams are way off from the pic, but I don't think they are since the thing is paper pieced and it's hard to really mess one of those up that awful. We were fighting with a breeze and an oncoming rain storm as we were quickly pinning it up. I'm just glad we were actually able to get one given our windy and rainy day yesterday. If it is off, prior to quilting, I'll have it fixed in a jiffy.

On to easier and less taxing quilt projects for a while. I have another (smaller) Judy Niemeyer coming up in October, but I think for now, I'll be sticking to some less stressful projects around here.

I still have a lot of quilts to quilt and Square in a Square in a Square should probably come off DW this afternoon. I hate to take any of them off until I have another one in planning because he looks so empty without anything on him. I'll have to check where I'm at with backings to see what gets loaded next. Not this one for sure since I haven't even thought about backing fabric for it yet.

I started my moms table runner last night and should be able to get through most of that today. We have to take Caleb back to school tonight (boo, hiss) but not until later this evening when Jim returns home from work.

Still not feeling really well either so I'm moving slower then usual. Good thing I have simplified my quilting life for now.




Comments

Popular Posts