Quick Check-In

After our funeral on Saturday, we convinced Katie to go and get her stuff to sew with us during the afternoon.

I completed 12 more Amish Star blocks for Dad and Jim's mom and will be ready to start putting one of those tops together soon.

We found ourselves at The Marshall House earlier today and I was able to finally locate the appliqué iron I was searching for, as well as a stiletto to do turn-under appliqué rather then fusible. I don't like the feel of the fusible on the finished quilts that I do, and I seem to have issues under the sewing machine needle when trying to get it sew down.

I know that some pieces will be constructed via fusible, but would like to do many more of my pieces using the turn-under approach for a more traditional and finished/polished look.

Don't know where I'm headed today in the studio. I'm just getting in here even though Jim is still home.

Comments

Popular Posts