Learning

Long-arm instructors stress the following three things: Practice. Practice. Practice.

While my motifs started looking like something on my practice pieces of fabric beforehand, doing them on a "real" quilt is a whole other ball game. DW-1. Colette-0.

I will not give up though. There are some good things in the BOM quilt I'm learning on.

Like these ropes.


Not perfect, but doable and from a distance, really nice actually.

These wonky swirls look pretty cool.


And then there's some not so good stuff in here. I mean, it's really, really bad actually. I will not rip though! I refuse! It's a practice quilt and this will mark my growth over the years (hopefully). I hope to some day look back on this piece and say to myself (and others), "Hey, this was my first attempt at actually FMQing without my computer, and if I can do it, so can anybody else who has zero art genes in them."

After becoming frustrated with some of my uglier long-arming attempts, I shut DW down and I started digging into that T-shirt quilt.

This is where I ended last night.


While I was working on piecing the borders around each of the t-shirts, Jim was in the studio with me sitting in his chair (since he can't stand for any length of time) and began organizing some of my fabrics. They were becoming rather convoluted and needed to be straightened out. Here's where he ended last night. I am so lucky!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts