Dog and Iron Updates

Yesterday, while Jim and I were at Meijer shopping for our weekly groceries, I looked in their iron area to see if they had any irons. They carried very few; none of which I had on my target list to purchase. They did have an iron on sale called the "Shark". We decided to grab it and if the reviews on it were poor, we would just return it.

Once we returned home, we did find that the reviews on this particular iron were not just poor, but very poor. It appears the thing quits working after 6-10 months and so I'll just have to return it on my next trip into town. Meanwhile, I am still in search of a B&D Digital Advantage D2030, which received a 99 out of 100 rating on the consumers scale (several of them actually). It seems Bed, Bath, and Beyond carries it, but only at the Lansing location. Maybe I'll have to order it online?

The yo-yo dog is coming along well. We had a houseful of unplanned visitors show up yesterday, and while we LOVE to entertain, it but a bend in my plans of working on those feathers. I did get a practice piece loaded onto DW prior to everybody flocking to the house, but that's about as far as I got.

The nice thing about visitors and projects like the yo-yo dog is that you can work on all those yo-yo's without making your company feel jilted or ignored. The "herd" left with only about eight more yo-yo's to make and since the day was pretty much shot, I just sat on the couch and finished them all off. I'm still not feeling really well, so it probably worked out for the better anyway.

Here's what the end result is (so far).


I have to wire all those together for the body, legs, and tail so I'll use the green wire in the corner of my pic to get them all together.

I think I need to tackle a few of the blocks for my dad and Jim's moms quilts for Christmas. I'll start there and then maybe once Jim toddles off to work later this afternoon, I'll start back in on my feather class and take the advice of the instructor, and fellow quilter Katie in remembering each "petal" is a half a heart. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.


Comments

  1. want me to pick up the iron for you tomorrow (Tuesday)? I'll be running other errands and, well, Hobby Lobby is in the same plaza as the Bed, Bath and Beyond... (Though I bought a Black and Decker iron at the Wal-Mart - twice in fact - because I love the one I have so much, so maybe we'll just have to venture out there Thursday evening? And at about $20 if it quilts in two years, you're still probably ahead of the Oliso...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT go through any extra trouble! If you are there and find the time, then that would be great! I know that Wal-Mart carries other B&D irons, but I don't think they carry this one. It is designed specifically to deal with our icky water out here and I think that was the problem in all my previous other irons. Let me know how much it is (if you do get it) prior to Thursday so I can get some cash out the credit union for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts