More Then I Thought

After taking a break yesterday from my studio, I was reflecting on what my day had consisted of so far. It didn't feel like I got a lot done, but after my reflection period, realized that yes, I had indeed completed quite a bit today.

Here was my first order of business. I had to embellish my block for The First Snow from Tuesday. I added some lights to the house and a few snowmen near the front door.

Come on in and get warm!
I then finished loading the customer baby quilt and commenced quilting; for quite a few hours actually. I hadn't used my ProStitcher in quite a while and was concerned about setting it up for a quilt top and getting the computer to work correctly. It's quite a science to get all the correct steps together and make it work properly.

Apparently I have done enough quilts in the past and have it ingrained in my little head about how the bugger works because here it is being worked on!




Here are the two motifs I put into the quilt.

I was having such a good time with DW and the computer that before you know it, I had a totally quilted quilt. I left the quilt on the frame to go and find the binding I KNOW I had already cut for this when I constructed the top. I searched, and searched, and searched some more through my stack of tops, but did not find the binding.

I made new. I'll probably find it now after the quilt is long gone.

I took a break from the binding project and finished the Amish Star blocks I was making while the computer was quilting. I completed four more today.

It was still light out and I still had some steam in me so I decided to go ahead and get the binding on and try to complete it before I got too tired. Here it is. All done! The customer should be pleased because I love how this one turned out.

Falling Charms Pattern by Jenny Doan from the Missouri Star Quilt Company


Comments

Popular Posts