Moving forward

It was time, once again, to take on the "Star". I started in on it yesterday morning and early afternoon, but then an unexpected visitor stopped by and put a halt to that pretty quickly.

While our visitor was here, I busied myself (while being social, of course) working on something we received at quilt camp. Thank you Dale for the wonderful mini class and the supplies to make this absolutely cute mug rug!


It matches my favorite go-to scissors I use around my studio!

After our visitor left, I received a phone call from my eldest son checking in to see what was happening here and to catch up before he skidaddled off to basketball.

Unusually short in conversation with the eldest son lent me to believe maybe I could get a few more seams in to my assembly process, so once again, turned on my machine and my iron to dig in for a few more instructional advances on the Star.

Here is where I left off last night. It's starting to look like a quilt of some sort instead of pieces lying around all over in my studio. There are actually other units that are complete, but they don't really look like much, so they have eluded the camera, for now.


What's really scary is this is only the middle section of the top and as you can see, it's covering a large portion of my design wall. The pattern indicates the finished top is 104" square and I have a feeling this will be a nice piece to put on our bed during the winter months ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts