Another Day

After returning from the Urgent Care in Battle Creek (Jim, not me), I was able to get into the studio after our very late lunch. Surprisingly, I did get some things accomplished.

I first started on my Garden quilt. I'm getting near the end of whatever it is I can do currently because I loaned the pattern out to a quilting friend. I need the pieces she hasn't returned to me to work on the more intricate blocks. But, I can easily enough eyeball the lesser complexities and here is what was done yesterday.


That seed packet will have "seeds" written on it when I get around to that portion of my work.

After playing with the garden quilt I moved on to a few Amish Star blocks. Only two. They weren't going together easily; I guess we all have those days and decided to move along.

Since yesterday was Tuesday, it was once again time for The First Snow block of the week. Here's week number 9. I will embellish it today with snowmen.

The First Snow; week 9
The pic didn't turn out very well, did it?

Because DW is empty, I decided to do a little cleaning in the spare bedroom; the place where all the tops and backings are stored. Happiness is finding extra backings that fell down behind some finished quilts to use specifically on quilt tops I've already made!

One of the backings is for a quilt I was hired to do a long time ago. The person who hired me to do the complete layette used to work with Jim, but then left for another job. He didn't keep in contact with Jim so we were pretty much left with all this finished stuff; a frog, a pillow case, and a quilt top.

That person has since returned back to Jim's place of employment. I figured I would finish out the quilt and see if the customer would want the set he ordered a while ago. Let's hope so.

Long-arming mistake number 4,296; forgetting to measure the quilt top prior to putting it on the rollers. Ugh! I was going to free motion this quilt initially (thank you Caleb for your ideas on how to quilt it), but then realized it's set diagonally and would work better if I quilted it using the ProStitcher. It's better to have all the measurements prior to setting up the computer so the area is filled evenly and not squished or spread out on the last row.

I'll have to unroll the top from the roller and measure it out and then re-roll it back again. It's not wise to float the top when using the computer (says my Handi Quilter rep in Lansing). Lesson learned!

Comments

Popular Posts