Biggest Yet?

The quilt loaded onto DW right now may just be one of the biggest I've done yet: 100" x 112".

Ya can't even see the end of it
It was originally made for Jim's nephew and his wife for their wedding some six or seven years ago. I'm a little behind on getting it to them, and quite honestly, it may just stay here. Let's not open that can of worms.

My first Ugly Christmas Sweater pattern came through today and this is what I came up with.

Nine Patch Ugly Sweater
Pretty ugly, huh? They are pretty fun to put together and I'm getting most of the fabric from my little 16 box stash.

Here are last week's BOD's.

Jan. 26-Feb. 2
They are starting to become rather complicated. I'm wondering whether I want to switch machines that I'm currently doing these on. I started out doing them with Mike, but he has a rather wide piecing foot. I'm thinking of setting up one of the 221's to use strictly for this project. Their feet are much narrower and may be easier to get these 1" blocks under. 

I got about 1/3 of the Trip Around the World done yesterday (I was in my long arm groove). DW started protesting around 5:30 so I moved over to doing another draw string bag. I'm up to a whopping six now. 

I actually stopped making bags and just pieced together all the liners last night. I don't know if I have enough. With the six I already have, and the 22 liners I made last night, I may be short just a few. Unfortunately, I ran out of liner fabric so I'll have to wait and see where we are at with numbers for this year before looking for some more somewhere else. It's only muslin I'm lining them with, but it's a higher quality, more tightly woven muslin found in LQS's. I got a bag of it while we were in Frankenmuth in December and thought I would have just about the right amount. 

My BOD today will take most of the morning and I'll long arm this afternoon until Jim gets back from up north later today. I'll move along to more bags afterwards I suppose...or who knows?

Comments

Popular Posts