Raindrops

I awoke early this morning to the typical sound you would hear during a Michigan spring; raindrops on the roof and water pouring out of our downspout outside our bedroom window. I think the gutters need to be cleaned.

It's a dismal day weather wise, but a beautiful day to be inside attending a class or sharing quilting things with friends. Good thing that's what I plan to do today.

Yesterday I concentrated on getting the Scalloped Potatoes top done. Here it is on the design wall waiting its turn on to DW.

Scalloped Potatoes Finished Top
While I was trimming each of the blocks down to size, I was making a pile of shavings from each of the four sides and after a while had quite a pile of trimmings. It's kind of pretty.

Trimmings
I discovered after finishing this top, that I didn't have my homework done for todays class (good thing I checked last night before leaving out of here for the night).

I want to get a little of Tony's quilt worked on before leaving today so it was probably a good thing the rain woke me up so early. I can get an hour or so in on her quilt before I have to head on out. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts