Piccadilly Circles

I love this quilt. I had hoped it was bigger then it was, but when I "filed" it downstairs, it was much smaller on the queen-sized bed it went on.

Piccadilly Circles
It's fun seeing all these old tops I have as I pull them out. This quilt was a struggle for me since it was one of my first encounters handling curved piecing. There are only a few tiny puckers that I noticed while I was quilting it so I must not have done too bad.

Here is my studio helper, Lily. She was hiding (which is rare) after dad gave her her spring hair cut yesterday morning. She usually hangs out on her horse blanket just at the outskirts of my studio door, but she was making sure dad couldn't get to her for any other housekeeping chores he may want to perform.

Hi Caleb!
Despite the horrible wind and rock bottom temps yesterday, we did end up running into town. We were going to head to the Hen House to select the fabrics for my next project, but it was already late in the afternoon and I didn't want to rush through the selection process. Maybe next time?

The next quilt up on the long arm is the White Crayons. I pulled it, paired it, measured it, and will be loading it later this morning. I also have thread now (thank you my man) to finish quilting the quilt-as-you-go blocks. It IS small project Sunday, but maybe we'll change the rules today for a change?!?

Comments

Popular Posts