Now that all my fabrics are so organized, I just went over, snagged the right grey I needed, and stuck that bugger on there. This will probably be a donation quilt unless some little guy would like it on his bed.
Once I got it all loaded and I got the borders started, I moved along to the New York Beauty Flying Geese.
I needed to find thread to quilt it with and well, I didn't have the right colors in the kind I was looking for. I knew I was going to have to do some travel stitching on a lot of it so I needed a strong poly thread to take the abuse. Unfortunately, all I had in the color I needed was So Fine by Superior and I really had my doubts.
What I learned was a couple of things:
1) I can use the lighter weight quilting threads on my DSM by feeding it through my large cone holder I usually use for Laura.
2) So Fine thread is not good for a lot of travel stitching.
3) While I can get the cone holder to hold the thread I'm using through the machine well enough, apparently winding bobbins may not give the same great results unless closely monitored.
With a lot of frustration and broken threads (it was too late to change my mind half way through the quilting process) here is the New York Beauty Flying Geese wall hanging. I only have to tack down the binding (which I'm doing by hand) and I'll do that at guild on Thursday night.
|New York Beauty Flying Geese|