Explosion

It looks like a BOM quilt had a BM in my studio. Blocks, blocks, everywhere. 

Blocks everywhere!
On the design wall, on DW's rails, on the planning table...everywhere. But, after today, this will certainly be rectified. 

I'm falling more and more in love with this quilt too but I think it's going to finish pretty small. However, since this is a quilt-as-you-go quilt, I could easily add a large border around the center section...or even a medium and then large border to make it even bigger. We'll see when I get it completed later this morning. 

If you look close enough, you can see DW also has a new set of clothes on this morning. The White Crayons are all bordered up and I'm still trying to decide what to do with the crayons themselves. Since this will be a quilt for a child, I should probably keep it simple. I also have to embellish it with rick rack after it's quilted, so I need to keep that in mind too. 

The house is very cold this morning. Temps last night were well below zero and the furnace is having a hard time keeping up. The studio is one of the warmest rooms in the house (as long as we don't have a strong SE or SW wind) so I'll just hang in here most of the day and into the nighttime I think.

Comments

Popular Posts