First Row by Row Done!

Mary's row is completed. Hurray! It took way too long to complete, but lesson learned; plan better or end up making/doing more then you bargained for.

Here it is.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary. How does your garden grow?
Mary had selected "Garden" as her theme, and while she wanted it a little on the modern side, this is what I came up with.

Piccadilly Circles is next up on DW. I started with the borders and some of the filler early on yesterday, but Mary's incomplete row was screaming at me over in the corner to be worked on so I shut DW down after just a little bit.

I didn't head off to guild last night. Too cold and frankly, I wanted to get this row done before I closed up shop. I couldn't face another day of it. However, I'm glad I took the extra time and think it's one of my better self designed pieces of work.

It's time to start joining my quilt-as-you-go blocks too. As they sit in a pile, and as I keep having to move them, they are very heavy and are beckoning me to get back at them. I can't wait to see how they all come together and with the excellent teaching on Craftsy, I'll hopefully get them together without any problems.

After cleaning my studio this week, I stumbled upon many projects I've been just itching to get at. A few of them are still, "Eh", but others are "Hey, I really want to do this quilt!" I relocated all of them into just one location (instead of all over the place) and will see what I have in the way of fabrics to complete one or two over the weekend.

And, I have a few sets of fabrics (flannels, coordinates) that are without a pattern, but perhaps, can be used for those patterns I found while cleaning. Eureka!

Comments

Popular Posts