Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Friday, February 13, 2015

First Row by Row Done!

Mary's row is completed. Hurray! It took way too long to complete, but lesson learned; plan better or end up making/doing more then you bargained for.

Here it is.

Mary, Mary, quite contrary. How does your garden grow?
Mary had selected "Garden" as her theme, and while she wanted it a little on the modern side, this is what I came up with.

Piccadilly Circles is next up on DW. I started with the borders and some of the filler early on yesterday, but Mary's incomplete row was screaming at me over in the corner to be worked on so I shut DW down after just a little bit.

I didn't head off to guild last night. Too cold and frankly, I wanted to get this row done before I closed up shop. I couldn't face another day of it. However, I'm glad I took the extra time and think it's one of my better self designed pieces of work.

It's time to start joining my quilt-as-you-go blocks too. As they sit in a pile, and as I keep having to move them, they are very heavy and are beckoning me to get back at them. I can't wait to see how they all come together and with the excellent teaching on Craftsy, I'll hopefully get them together without any problems.

After cleaning my studio this week, I stumbled upon many projects I've been just itching to get at. A few of them are still, "Eh", but others are "Hey, I really want to do this quilt!" I relocated all of them into just one location (instead of all over the place) and will see what I have in the way of fabrics to complete one or two over the weekend.

And, I have a few sets of fabrics (flannels, coordinates) that are without a pattern, but perhaps, can be used for those patterns I found while cleaning. Eureka!

No comments:

Post a Comment