This and That

Brief synopsis:

Thursday: Attended ASQ guild meeting and received Row by Row challenge. Received a Logo challenge (I will not be doing this). Received more directions re: AQS challenge (48" running horizontally---hurray!). Received a 4"-6" circle task. Wow!

Friday: Attended Sew-In and discussed Row by Row theme with other members of the guild.

Saturday: See Friday. Brought home a charity quilt from Dee for quilting.

Sunday: See Friday. Jim came in with me for a bit and worked on restoring Andrew's Spartan S Quilt. We had to "unbirth" the quilt after he removed all the ties used to keep the layers together. Decided on a Row by Row theme. Started pulling pieces for said theme.

Monday: Pulled theme together into a real idea and started assembling blocks. Quit at 9pm and the blocks are completed. I'll put them into their row today now that I've had a chance to look at them in the daylight.

Meanwhile...and all the while...have been long-arming the Half Dresden quilt. I don't like how I started each of the blades on the outside, but I do like what I'm doing on the inside blades.

Inside blade quilting
This morning I journaled about my Row by Row experience. I still have to assemble the blocks into rows, get a measurement of the length of my row and then sign one of the blocks. I have a tote downstairs I can probably put everything in and if not, I'll have to run later and find one somewhere.

I have made my 4, 5, and 6-inch circles. I made two of each. Do I need more? Maybe I should make more for others who forget/can't get them done?!? I'll do that later...if I remember.

My AQS idea is settled in my head and while I'm assembling blocks and long-arming today, I'll finalize my plan of attack on this piece. I may get started on it yet later this evening. Probably not because I have my Stitchers Garden class tomorrow I need to prepare for. Once I get going on this thing I have a feeling I'm not going to want to stop.


Comments

Popular Posts