Must Find Camera!

Getting photos from my mobile devices is quickly becoming a pain! Take the pic. Send the pic to email. Wait for email to arrive. Download. Move to iPhoto (multiple times before it will be picked up). Make sure it's actually in iPhoto. Delete download. Delete email. Now we can blog.

Worked on Cheddar Stars for a bit yesterday. This is one of my earlier quilts and it certainly is not square. The bottom, left corner is already bunched up and will need to be picked out once it's off the frame.

I don't know whether to quilt within the stars or not?!?

Cheddar Stars in Progress
And, my echo technique needs a bit of improvement. This is why I practice on my own quilts with something new. It really is nearly impossible to quilt a straight line diagonally for any long lengths.

Moving along. It took all day to outline stitch my AQS challenge top. I thought that was going to be the time hog, but come to find out, my next step is the real time killer. So. Painstakingly. Slow!

I found I need pretty good lighting to work on this part of the piece so I had to put it away fairly early last night.

Luckily today we have another sunny day so I'll work on this as much as my back will permit. I have to hunch over it the whole time and even though I'm working on my raised planning table and/or our high dining room table, I still find myself getting pretty close to the fabric to see what I'm doing since the thread I used is pretty well hidden within the fabric.

It looks as though I'll have a repeat of yesterday until I get too bored.

Comments

Popular Posts