A Glimpse

After working on my AQS Challenge yesterday for a lot of hours (and still, the painstakingly slow part is not nearly done) I had to put it away for a while. My wrist, my arm, my fingers, and even my eyes hurt. And, once again, I was fighting with the sun in the late afternoon, because of course, it had shifted around.

Here's a glimpse of what I've been up to for a few days now.

Challenge in Progress
I milled around the studio looking at some of the patterns I had made notations on wanting to work on. I tried to outfit one of them with some of the fabrics from my stash, but that didn't work out so well. I need to do some fabric shopping I think and working on scrap fabrics is getting kinda old.

I have a little paper pieced thingie I do when I can't settle on something so I worked on two of those while I was trying to decide which direction to head next. Stupendous Stitching didn't seem like fun; practicing free motion didn't seem like the solution; standing and staring at my WIP bookshelf got me absolutely nowhere.

"Hey, what's in this bag?"

Next to my WIP shelves I have a chair that I use to get up and down the sides of my walls to hang stuff with, and it's also to offer a visitor a place to park themselves to talk to me while I work. On the corner of that chair is my schlep bag I use to tote various quilt things around in.

It currently houses my next months sew-in project since I didn't get it done a few weeks ago at the last sew-in. Along with my in-progress blocks, were a few cookies (and yes, they were still good) and a charity project Linda G. gave to me two weeks ago. Hark! Something not strenuous to do!

I'm actually very excited to work on this today. Sometimes it's those simple things you can get excited about to make your day look up. Oh, and BTW...the sun is not shining outside, which is typical for a Michigan winter, so I'll make my own sunshine in here by making something warm for somebody else.

Comments

Popular Posts