To Quilt or Not to Quilt

Some days are great quilting days. Yesterday, my morning was a great quilting morning.

Some days are not great quilting days. Yesterday afternoon, after it started to get hot and very humid, turned into a horrible quilting day. This is why.

Just horrible!
All the grey quilting thread I put into the quilt during the afternoon time turned out like this. I've unloaded the quilt and now have to rip stitches. And there are a LOT!

Here are last weeks BOD's.

August 31 - Sept. 6
I'm still wondering just how this is going to be quilted, and the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards actually tying this one. I love tied quilts. They are very snuggly and warm and feel just a bit more cozy then a quilted quilt. I have four months to worry about it I guess.

Here's my new chicken in progress.

Bwk, bwk...
This is being done on my domestic machine, and I'm actually done with the quilting. I finished that yesterday too, but didn't snap a pic yet because I'm working on the binding.

Later today we once [again] head out to the farm for more moving adventures. Today we move all the artwork and miscellaneous things mom hasn't already gotten...and gather our crab apples for jelly. That means a short day in here today. 

Comments

Popular Posts