Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

To Quilt or Not to Quilt

Some days are great quilting days. Yesterday, my morning was a great quilting morning.

Some days are not great quilting days. Yesterday afternoon, after it started to get hot and very humid, turned into a horrible quilting day. This is why.

Just horrible!
All the grey quilting thread I put into the quilt during the afternoon time turned out like this. I've unloaded the quilt and now have to rip stitches. And there are a LOT!

Here are last weeks BOD's.

August 31 - Sept. 6
I'm still wondering just how this is going to be quilted, and the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards actually tying this one. I love tied quilts. They are very snuggly and warm and feel just a bit more cozy then a quilted quilt. I have four months to worry about it I guess.

Here's my new chicken in progress.

Bwk, bwk...
This is being done on my domestic machine, and I'm actually done with the quilting. I finished that yesterday too, but didn't snap a pic yet because I'm working on the binding.

Later today we once [again] head out to the farm for more moving adventures. Today we move all the artwork and miscellaneous things mom hasn't already gotten...and gather our crab apples for jelly. That means a short day in here today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment