New Parts

After spending a half hour on the phone yesterday with Handi Quilter, it looks as though Mikes "fix" for DW was simply a temporary one. I have new parts coming for the backlash spring as well as the tension spring to completely fix our little looping issue. In the meantime, I'm going to just chip away at the charity quilt currently on the frame.

Here are last weeks BODs.

September 21-27
I'm sure people who get our quarterly newsletter have no idea how much time and organization it takes to create a simple four-page piece of information. This is how it all starts.

Getting ready to create
Members contribute articles and pieces of interest to be included. We have birthdays, upcoming events, letter from the president, major announcements, and then there's the three months we've covered for activities and the happenings of the guild. 

The rest of yesterday afternoon and early evening were spent creating, printing, proofing, changing, printing (again) and preparing to mail newsletters. I'll get them out via e-mail on Thursday...just before our meeting and mail out the others today on my way in to work.

Work. Haven't had to say that in a few years. I'm excited. I'm reserved. I'm a little apprehensive. I'm also probably a little clueless since it's been a while since I've worked retail. But, I'm sure I'm going to love it. I did before. 

The rest of yesterday was spent working on quilt fairy projects for next years camp. I know I'm starting early, but these are not run and done kind of projects. They'll take a while and each one is being hand-planned (meaning I'm not mass producing from a layer cake) this year. 

I only have a few hours in here today since work starts at noon--meaning not much will be accomplished in the way of quilting production. Ahhh...winds of change. 

Comments

Popular Posts