Jobs

Hunting for a job is a very long and tiresome task. I need to find a part-time job. I have/had a part-time job quilting quilts for people, but it seems my long arm is being fickle and I can't rely on him; at least for a little while.

Most of yesterday morning was spent on-line searching and applying for a job. After completing the daily block,
September 7-13

Getting it ready
gears shifted towards getting Stitcher's Garden I organized for completion this upcoming sew-in weekend. Here's where I am currently.

This was thrown up the previous night, and all of the remainder of yesterday was spent preparing the sashing and borders. One of the borders requires stitching a half inch decorative stitch from a drawn diagonal line...on both sides. It took me about three hours to complete. Tearing off the phone book pages will be this mornings task and then sewing the sections of pieced borders will follow.

Later today we have to run out to the farm and pick up the few items we've selected for ourselves. I have a new bench coming for the front porch and Jim has a few building items he has chosen. Caleb's stuff he picked out will be brought home as well and we'll help mom in anything else she needs done around the place before she takes off for Oregon on Thursday.


Comments

Popular Posts