Silver and Gold

Christmas Triangles is loaded (finally). Didn't think I'd ever get there.

Christmas Triangles
I'm doing this quilt a different way then any other previous quilt. I did find out multiple threads can be passed through the needle at once (thank you Virginia at Gall Sewing, and Chris at Friends Quilting Basket for your advice). I've achieved this amazing feat and I love the results!

Silver and Gold
DW was actually quilting when I snapped this pic. Pretty cool!

Because I am having such great success in using two threads, and Angela Walters suggested a technique on her blog about the hassle of changing out threads, I'm doing all the silver and gold thread first. Which means, I quilt, roll, quilt, roll, etc. The green and red areas are currently being ignored and I'll just start from the bottom and work my way up to do those later today. I think (hope) this works.

While DW was quilting out some more intricate corner motifs I was able to get a little more done on my guild challenge piece. Not much, but some.

Slowly moving along
I have window guys already here this morning to replace the Family Room windows. Mom will be here right after them to pick up Christmas lists, and then Jim's aunt is stopping by later after mom to pull her trailer out of the barn. I don't think I'm going to get much done in here today with all the hoo-haa, but I'll sneak in some quilting time between peoples (hopefully) and continue along with these two projects.

Comments

Popular Posts