And, I'm one of those (weird) people who like cloudy days.
Yesterday, despite having a raging headache, I got a little over half of Andrew's quilt done. I pooped out early (around 6:30) because of said headache, but I was happy with what was accomplished.
However, it didn't start out well. At all!
|This is not good|
The first spartan head set into the quilt had to be ripped out. The bobbins I got from a secondary source weren't actually the correct diameter; by a mere 1/100th of an inch. I could not get a good tension with them and the results are above. They float too willingly within the bobbin case and my $15 was a waste. Lesson learned.
"What's with the orange yarn?" my husband asks.
|Marking my motifs|
I use this obnoxious orange yarn to let me know the parameters of my motif. It's so I don't quilt through them and go around them instead.
I'll continue quilting this morning. At some point (probably after lunch) I have to pause in my quilting to work on an apron for my DIL. She has one on her Christmas list and during lunch yesterday, watched a video on how to make one with pockets, ties, and an adjustable neck piece.
Jim and I picked out some cute fabrics from my stash. I need to get both of these projects done prior to Saturday, because that's when they are expected to arrive and stay through until Christmas.
I need to get on-line and order one more item before starting. Happy dismal weather day!