Too Much is Better Then Not Enough

Apparently when I ordered the backing for the Christmas Triangles I got a little carried away. This appears to be way too much fabric!

Backing for Christmas Triangles
It runs the entire length of DW and I'm fairly certain the quilt top is not that big. I'll know more in a few hours.

While working on the backing yesterday, I started re-formulating/creating the guild wall hanging challenge piece in my head. I layed down a piece of fabric and then drew out some hoof prints. I drew an outline of a grandma and this is where I ended last night while Jim was mudding nail holes in the drywall already hung downstairs.

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
I want this (like my Leading a Horse to Water wallhanging) to be kind of minimalistic. Since it will eventually end up in my studio, I'm trying to stay away from too much detail since I already have a lot of visual stimulation in here.

I'll load Christmas Triangles today and get started on it. I'm kind of in a hurry to get it done since it won't be on our bed too awful long as Thanksgiving was so late this year. I'm wondering if I can push two thread through the needle of my long arm at once?!? It would be so cool to quilt this piece with both silver and gold thread in each of the trees. I think I need to research this!

I'll work on the wallhanging as well and gear up for tomorrow's BOM releases since I'll be tackling those in the upcoming week. I think I've decided not to do the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt this year. Or...maybe I'll work it later since I feel like this holiday needs to be a little simpler.

Comments

Popular Posts