Jim got his buck, Ben did not, and I got a lot done (since the DIL was "sick" on the couch with her new pregnancy).
This took all morning to load! It's 102" square and the backing needed pre-washing before getting it on the frame (it's a bright kelly green and I was concerned about bleeding later on). I figured I had better get one of these Bonnie Hunter quilts completed before I again attempt this years mystery quilt.
|2013 Mystery Quilt-Celtic Solstice|
After getting this loaded I wanted to get the piece below completed and out of the way. It's not actually "finished" yet 'cause I have to mount it onto foam core board, but it's temporarily hung where it's going to live permanently. Do you see the mini dresden and the embellishments I added to the right side of the piece? Neutrals are so fun to work with and are so forgiving!
|First attempt at embroidery|
After the embroidery piece was completed, I dove into my triangles for our Christmas quilt. I sewed, and checked for deer. Sewed some more, and kept checking for deer (to let Ben know if any were headed his way). I talked on the phone while sewing and before I knew it, all the triangles were framed in.
|Ready for the wall|
Andrew's t-shirt quilt has been ignored for some time. I should probably start planning it out since the sashing fabric arrived last week. I also have some homework to do for next months Stitchers Garden AND I have yet to start pulling fabrics for the next Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Let us not forget the challenge quilt for our guild too. I finally have an idea bouncing around in my head and will think on this for another day or so before drawing it out. Apparently Carol already has hers done so I'm feeling like a big, fat Santa slacker!