Grandson Interrupt-ish

This blog has recently experienced several interruptions with the latest being our cute little grandson, Tristan. He arrived Thursday night and stayed with us until yesterday evening. I've learned a few things about babysitting grandsons but the biggest is that you can bake/cook with a grandson but quilting is nearly impossible.

NOTHING was done this weekend in here. By the time he left with mom and dad last night, I was too pooped to even wander into the studio.

I shouldn't say nothing was done. My long-time girlfriend and old neighbor came over to drop off grand baby clothes for me to make a memory quilt for her daughter. The granddaughter passed away when she was only five months old and mom would like her clothes put into a quilt. Jane and I came in here to work on design details.

Thursday last week, I did get my Stitchers Garden block all completed. Here's that.

November Stitchers Garden
Since my embroidery piece is embroidered...

Embroidery
...it's time to make it more atheistically pleasing. Borders and embellishments need to be added. I picked up a few patterns at The Hen House after class Thursday, and wanted to work on one of them for small project Sunday today, but I think I need to tackle some of these "in progress" projects.

DW is STILL naked and I can't stand it! I have to get something on him, and fast! I have a few backs in the closet and need to pair them up with their tops. I have those two BOM tops from the guild sitting there I could throw on but I don't have a clue how I'm going to quilt them yet?!? Perhaps Celtic Solstice will finally make it on?

Carol and I threw out a challenge Thursday night at guild and I've chosen "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" as my Christmas song. I have to design a wallhanging for that, but I'm still in the "in my head" phase yet.

Comments

  1. ROFL Funny you should mention "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"... that's NOT the song I picked, BUT it was the one that kept running through my head as I was working on mine ( yes, it's done! lol)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts