Routine Based

This weekend was filled with sew-in and visiting family. After all of the interruptions in my otherwise normal routine, I was able to finally load this quilt last night when everybody departed.

Getting ready to quilt
You can see my chalked markings on the top border and this will be todays focus. I'm supposed to have this one, the one I've already done for her, and another hanging around downstairs, completed by Thursday. I think she'll be lucky to get two of them. This is last years Stitcher's Garden done in the neutral color way made by Loraine.

I've already completed my BOD today and the second load of laundry (Lili's blankets) are in the washer. This is what happens when I get out of my routine...everything gets out of order, like posting to my blog, working on projects, etc.

I've come to the conclusion that people who farm, or were farmers (like me), are used to routine. The animals have to be fed twice daily and there isn't much room for getting out of that routine since they depend on you for their sole survival. When the routine is disrupted, it throws the world off kilter. It's not a bad thing, just an observation based on what happened this morning with my "usual" order of things.

Comments

Popular Posts