Change of Plans

AQS plans were made. Every intention was there to go. And then when I awoke this morning, my upper back is screaming. Not very much sleep last night and I'm exhausted because I have already been up for about four hours. A nap may be in the near future. 

Needless to say, I didn't have the inclination or energy to drive, walk, talk, test, carry, walk, and drive after such a crappy night. I'm pretty bummed.

If the drive was a little more exciting and a lot less lengthy--if the day ahead wasn't so long, maybe I'd go. 

Ahh...there will always be next year (tomorrow I have class and guild, Friday I'm at the farm helping out all day, and Saturday the crowds will be too big to deal with). 

And then there's North Carolina. Mom and I have already started packing, supplies have been purchased, reservations have been made, and then I get a phone call yesterday morning. "I'm sorry, but we have to cancel your class." What? Really? This is a sick joke, right?

It's not a joke, unfortunately. I'm sad. Very, very sad. :-(

I didn't even feel like long arming yesterday. A few Quiltmaker test blocks came in and I did one of those and then to try to pick myself back up, I worked on this yesterday afternoon. 

Some more studio decor
Just something fun to do to try to cheer myself back up again. It's being blocked right now and should be about finished this afternoon. 

Today I have another Quiltmaker block to do (I think it's our last one), get ready for tomorrow, maybe if my [now] headache and backache subside a little, I'll get on DW, so today is being driven purely by how I feel physically. 

Comments

Popular Posts