All My Bags Are Packed...

...and I'm ready to go! Just going to blog here for a wee bit to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Here's what's being taken for the weekend:

1) Zebra
2) 1,600
3) Roberts Deer Top
4) A Hexagon/Pentagon ball thing I was introduced to yesterday
5) BOD's for each day

The turtle project didn't make the cut. It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon before Elise and I could figure out how to use the hexagon ruler and since I didn't have any of my pieces cut out, that project wasn't going to happen for the weekend.

There are 25 of us attending this year, which is about five or six less then last year. A few new ones are coming along, and sadly a few "oldies" aren't.

I've been asked by several people why we do this; drag all our stuff up, spend money to sleep away from home, sew in confined quarters, and quite honestly, I haven't a clue. Probably because I love to spend time with my sewing friends while doing just that, sewing. I can't do that here at home alone.

And laugh. Man do we laugh! Memories...yeah, we make plenty of those, and as far as I'm concerned you can't put a price on the laughter and memories. I'd spend all my energy and money to have the bonding that occurs while we "play" together.

Here's the deal. We had a guild member say her good-byes last night. She is moving to Arizona next week. She's been here as long as I have (in the guild) and quite honestly, I want people to be able to say many [good] things about me when I depart. Remember my motto (at least one of them) is there is nothing more scary then settling for what we know rather then trying something new.

And if we don't have fun this year, there's always next year. But, fun is what you make of it!

Comments

Popular Posts