Baby Day Approaches

Our second grandchild is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning at around 8:30. I don't know how much blogging or quilting I'll be able to complete over the next few weeks since this kiddo has some physical issues we are already aware of. Parents (our son and DIL) may need some extra support and presence during this time of change. Since yesterday was a "normal" day, here are the BOD's from the previous week:
May 11-17
After working on my daily BOD, I attached the binding (finally) to Scalloped Potatoes.
Scalloped Potatoes
This is going to be an extra snugly quilt since I put wool batting inside of it.  I finished quilting Ugly Sweaters and took it off the machine. I still have to select a binding fabric for it so it's hanging out in the spare room for now. Since DW was free, I loaded up another small quilt prior to getting the two customer quilts on I have hanging around here. I wanted to get it off the pressing/planning table. This is what DW is wearing now.
Soaring Eagles
Yes, I know, I had already started quilting it. In fact, I was having so much fun with what I was putting into it, I actually completed the quilting prior to shutting down last night. It's still hanging out on the frame, but it is completely quilted and the binding is already made. I may take it up to the hospital to work on tomorrow while waiting for the baby updates.   

Today I'll attach the binding so it's ready to go should I decide to take it along. I don't generally hand-bind my quilts anymore, but I figured this would give me something to do with myself while just sitting around.  

We have a supper with the kids later tonight to celebrate their last night as "pregnant" parents. This is at their church and I guess many well wishers are expected to attend. Thus, the start of a wrinkle in my regularly scheduled programming. 

Comments

Popular Posts