Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Friday, August 7, 2015

Needles

In the last 12 hours or so I've learned a lot about needles for my long arm. I've learned that certain needles are not welcome for use in my long arm lest consequences may ensue. Very expensive consequences I might add, and the money saved on purchasing said needles will cost me greatly in the long run.

Moving along.

B&B's second quilt was finished by mid afternoon yesterday. Bill seemed thrilled at the work I did for them and they looked great when he showed them last night. They didn't look so great up close, but I'm reminded we see these quilts at such a close distance that most people don't view them at...and we are our worst critics.

I had a few hours to kill between taking care of the long arm stuff and heading for town so I made a bag for Mike to put his pressure foot and power cord in for when we travel together. Similar to the one I have for Laura. Here's his.

A New Draw String Bag for Mike's Essentials
The next long arm piece is this top I made at camp. It'll be donated to the VA in November and I was able to get the batting needed for it at last nights meeting.

Next to go
I think today I need to just sew. I have my July BOM from Craftsy to finish (I only have two of the four done) and then maybe I'll do the August blocks. I can't do my Arcadia Avenue BOM until I jog over to Hastings to pick up more of that black linen (since I found out at camp that I screwed up the cutting here at home).

And there's always Twirly Quilt blocks to work on. I still need 6 more for the body and then the rest of the blocks will be for the border. My planning table is getting cluttered so I need to deal with some of these things to get it cleaned off.


No comments:

Post a Comment