My Finger Is Numb

I cut so many pieces out yesterday for the Twirly quilt that my pointer finger seems a little numb.

I ran out of sections to sew together at our retreat and I really wanted to work on these blocks yesterday. Cutting ensued. Lots of it! I think I have enough cut now to probably complete the top.

I did get five more blocks sewn together and this brings the total to 42. I need 48 for the inside section of the top and another 14 for the outside border, so only 20 more blocks to go. If I could just sit down and crank out a days worth of sewing I could finish the block building, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too much going on around here and customer quilts to long arm come first.

Twirly Blocks
This is one of those customer quilts.
Margaret's Baby Quilt
Margaret made this during our retreat. It's so darling! She said the recipient would probably use it as a floor quilt for the expectant baby, so I'm debating on how I want to quilt it. I think swirls and loops would be cute in here but I have a feeling it's gong to receive lots of washings. A meander would probably be the best bet for its impending use?? 

I won't get much done in here today though since we are going to visit mom later after lunch. This means I need to quit blogging and get to work I'm afraid. 

Comments

Popular Posts