Stars

Stars seem to be everywhere in quilts. I've made my share and the new BOM I'm beginning is following along in the star theme.

Meet Night Stars...the beginning.

Night Stars
There will be 16 smaller stars (which are not really small at all with each measuring in at 12 1/2" unfinished), and one large star in the center of the quilt. This is two of the four I'll be constructing this month, which I worked on last night after returning from a tornado-ridden Portland.

Beachy Bovines and I spent a little time together prior to leaving for class yesterday, but nowhere near completion on the long arm.

Papa has a doctor appointment later this afternoon I'll be attending with him and then we may toddle over to the fair depending on when his trailer is ready down in Indiana. I need to get a pic of me with my quilts hung there. Mary Jean took one of me but it was just terrible! Well, the quilt was fine. I, on the other hand, looked worse for the wear since we were just arriving back from the reunion.

Bobbin work during our class yesterday was interesting. My practice piece turned out fine, but then the actual blocks didn't. Kathy worked on my bobbin case to try to loosen it up and we'll see this weekend what happens when I work on it during sew-in. I liked doing the bobbin work. There's so much you can do with it and I really hope I get this figured out. I can definitely see using this technique in future embellishment opportunities.

Comments

Popular Posts