Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Motivation

Have you ever committed to something for somebody and later regret committing to that something you said you'd do?

Sometimes I feel that way. A number of folks approached me over the retreat weekend for things they would like me to do and of course, I gladly said yes. Yesterday I was not feeling so generous. I think it was post-retreat syndrome or something. I was so tired and worn out that even these two pillow cases was all I could muster out of my energy level.

But, today, I'm back to my springy self and no longer have those regrets. I wonder if just taking a step back and getting away from what's bothering you is all it takes to get over the "bad" feelings and back into the good graces of life.

Now I'm a philosopher, right? Ha!

New Pillow Cases
When I ran down to The Marshall House yesterday to get the fabric for these pillow cases, the table there with all the books on it was calling my name. I have so many books around here already about quilting the last thing I really needed was another book to give me more to do.

Well, I bought another book. It's actually written for kids (I'm a big kid, right), and the projects are pretty simplistic and wouldn't take much time. But I have those commitments I talked about earlier and so must remember to always do what I say I'll do. I'm kind of funny about that. If I tell somebody I'm going to do something, I DO IT!

A few of what I committed to earlier last week was some quilting for guild members. That was my first commitment. I shall start there. But before I can long arm I need to finish those Beachy Bovines hanging out (still) on DW and so today we'll spend the day on the big machine and knock out some of those to-do's on that list.

Let's turn on the lights, the machine, and the tunes and have a great time in the studio today!

No comments:

Post a Comment