Other Quilters

Difference is what makes the world go around. If we were all the same, it would be a pretty boring place we lived in.

Quilters are no exception in their differences. How they make the quilt top, attach their borders, prepare their backing, and assemble their binding. It's funny how one takes for granted familiar ways of doing things until they are pushed into a diverse situation.

Take this quilt for example. It's not that anything was done "wrong" on it, it was just done differently.

Disappearing Pinwheels for a customer
The backing was assembled different. The borders were attached different. The binding was constructed differently then I usually construct mine. And, seams were pressed different as well. Again, it wasn't anything done "wrong"...just not what I'm used to.

But, then there are some things we just can't overlook. The customer asked me to attach their binding onto the quilt, which I did. Or, at least I attempted to.

Oops
Too short! This is a definite problem. I texted the customer back this morning to see if they had any additional fabric. They don't.

Fortunately, they know where they purchased this particular fabric and will get some more tonight prior to guild. Whew!

Meanwhile, and while I'm at a standstill with that, I'll begin their other quilt (they have a few sewing machine chores for me to do prior to getting the piece on the long arm) and then I'll have to leave it until I get and finish a rush job I'm picking up tonight that takes priority.

I should be able to get Beachy Bovines on the sewing machine for binding today too! What a productive day or so!

Comments

Popular Posts