Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Orphan Blocks

This is what we have on DW right now.

Orphan Blocks
These are all the sample blocks I made to decide just how many more I wanted to make, if any at all. Some of them were just "one hit wonders" because they were used in the two magazines I was testing blocks for at the time. Some were samples from classes. They have no color scheme. They have no pattern theme. They just are.

But they needed a home and I thought, 'Self, these are just cluttering up the studio and need a place to settle'. I rounded all the orphans up, worked on the design wall to get them together in some sort of organized chaos and it'll make a wonderful car quilt, or picnic quilt, or lay-around-on-a-Sunday quilt. I'll wash it a couple of times to give it that cuddly feel before letting it loose around here, or there, or wherever.

I have a lot of homework yet to finish for my Stitchers Garden class. We'll start there today. We did our row by row exchange Thursday night, and I should probably dig out Kathy S.'s box and see what's up in that. I pieced a charity quilt on Saturday at sew-in and will have to get that on the frame sometime this week, and Carol R. gave me a cute new pattern called Beach Bovines by Amy Bradley that would look absolutely adorable in this years fair.

It's a rainy, overcast day so what a perfect time to get back in here and do my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment