Sew-In Weekend

I love sew-in weekend. The guild members (and sometimes non-members) all meet at our local library and sew charity quilts, or sew whatever they want to actually. I have done my bit for our charity drive already so I worked on those darn Amish Star tops.

I'm not going to show you the actual tops, but here's proof they are now ready for DW. Well, actually, I have to find backing fabric for them and then DW can do his thing, but at least I feel a little better since all three of the parents' Christmas gifts are on their way.

Amish Star tops for my MOL and my father
While taking some marathon sewing breaks, I moseyed downtown to find some backing fabric for the T-Shirt quilt. We are fortunate in our little town to have not one, but two local quilt shops and an even bigger bonus is they are practically right next door to each other.

I didn't find anything on Friday when I had to fetch some more black fabric for the Amish Stars, so I visited the other shop on Saturday and found the perfect backing!

Look!

It matches that border perfectly!
It is a rarity that I go in more then two days for sew-in, but two other members said they would come in Sunday to sew and Jim had other plans so I went in too. I'm glad I did because it took me until 3:30  yesterday afternoon to get the last border on the last quilt for dad.

I usually arrive home from sew-in shortly after 5:00 and while I don't feel like actually sewing anymore, I do still feel like working on some other project. Here's what I started in the evening hours of the weekend. They are going to be so cute when I get them completed.

This is quilting? Ahhh, you'll see!
Wendy H. and I signed up for a class while we were sewing on Saturday in Ann Arbor in a few weeks. So looking forward to that! I assisted Carol R. in getting two more rolls of batting on Friday morning for our charity quilts, and Barb S. brought in two charity quilts for me to quilt this week on Sunday. Wow! What a weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts