Lots and Lots

I must be ADD/ADHD or some other type of attention deficit something or another. It works better for me (said Jim this morning) if I have a lot of options for my days activities.

While it drives me crazy to have this many projects all over the studio in the middle of limbo land, I really like doing something for a while and then moving along after I become bored or if its not working out that day.

Yesterday was proof. Here's where I started. I love, love, love making pebbles. I set my cruise at about 36% and just pebbled away.

Pebbles and wonky swirls

It was nearly lunch time by the time I turned off DW. After lunch, I finished the t-shirts for the quilt I had so far. The customer has indicated some custom quilting (children's names) and a block with the mothers house in it. The last block in the corner will have the house once I get a pic and get it onto fabric.

Just need one more block!

During lunch I like to peruse the web and Pinterest to see what kind of artistic inspiration I can derive. Or, if somebody puts a Facebook post out there, I investigate it further and add it to my posts for later use or reference. Yesterday, this sparked my interest. 

A little break-up project between other things

I know this pic is of really poor quality, but the idea is a raggy cathedral window made out of jeans and those fruit/veggie fabrics as the center. I made a little table topper out of a pair of jeans Caleb has since blown enough holes into to retire to my fabric stash. 

I like how easily this went together (and I was not measuring or being careful AT ALL)! I haven't washed it yet to fluff it up and when I do I'll take a better pic. My thinking is maybe this can be the next reunion quilt but with something other then food in the center. 

From there, I headed back into Amish land and this is our count after yesterday.

Only 8 more to go!
It started getting dusky out and I was kind of tired, but still wanted to stay in here since Jim was either a) taking a nap or b) watching Tiger baseball, both of which I do not participate in. 

I started thinking about all the technology I (thankfully) have at my finger tips and what other projects I had hanging around here needing to complete waiting for me to technological complete them. The Farmer's Wife quilt is one of those very things. I started this about two years ago (or thereabouts). I quit after block #31 because using all those little templates were enough to drive a person insane. At least me anyway.

My next "large" project I guess

Epiphany! I have software called QuiltPro. It's like Electric Quilt but made for a Mac, and it's actually easier to use. I haven't played with it much since I purchased it and thought to convert all those little templates into paper pieced blocks would at least increase the accuracy. I like to paper piece and do not like templates, so this may be a winner. 

We'll see how it goes today since I spent the time recreating block #32 and printing out the paper templates for it last night.

Comments

Popular Posts