Disliking Hot Glue Guns

I finished my little initials project. It required me to hot glue some of the pieces. Previously I loved to use my hot glue gun. The new gun (since the old one finally conked out) is a piece of work. Glue everywhere, melting glue oozing out of the tip constantly, not feeding the glue sticks in correctly, the trigger would catch and dispense no glue or big globs at once. It was a trial!

My initials to hang in the studio
When I purchased the gun, I didn't look at quality; only price. As the saying goes...

Moving along.

The t-shirt quilt is on the frame. And that's about as far as it got, although that took up the remainder of the morning.

Commissioned T-Shirt Quilt ready for quilting
Jim and I started taking about how crowded the studio is. I love my desk space, but the desk that is currently in here is WAY too big for the space it's in/that I have available in this room. It needs to be relocated. I have an antique sewing table under my cutting table just sitting there doing nothing. I have drawers under my planning/pressing table that become burdensome when trying to move the table to press large tops or backing, so those need a new home. The printer is on an end table that Ben built for us years ago and I have another antique sewing machine in a cabinet downstairs that I'm going to swap out. Yes, we are planning on rearranging my studio...AGAIN! It is fall after all and as Caleb mentioned yesterday, it's time for me to move something within the house.

The afternoon found me just at my sewing machine finishing the blocks for my Heartstring quilt I started on Sunday. Here it is on the planning wall.

Heartstrings
I love reproduction fabrics. They are so soothing and appealing to me. Some very lucky baby will end up with this quilt in the future.

BTW, and not quilting related, but Jim and I are grandparents. Our first. Last week on 9/18 little Tristan Andrew was born in California. 7 lb., 7 oz. 20 in. long. He already has two of grandma's (boys that sounds funny) quilts, but I'm sure he'll get more soon.

Comments

Popular Posts