Lazy Sunday's

Sundays are for doing what you want. Sundays are for lazing around and taking your time and enjoying whatever comes your way each hour. It seems like I get more done when I subscribe to that theory.

While I didn't do any actual long arming yesterday, prior to the kids showing up Saturday, I started working on Squirmy Wormies and this is some of how I'm quilting the piece.

Squirmy Wormy Quilting
I'm following the fabric for my quilting muse I suppose.

I started this next piece on Friday night. It's been in the back of my head for a while and I finally found a good pic on Google Images that let me take a good hard look at what I needed to do to make it my own.

Here's the finished result:

Box-O-Crayons
Hopefully I'll have this whole "rainbow of colors" pull out of my system, but I do love this piece and after showing the guild members what I did on Thursday, I'll hang it in my studio. I have a crayon quilt top in the spare room I need to get quilted yet and I think, for some lucky child, this would make an excellent room theme and I have two elements that would look amazing in there.

Are you sick of hearing about me making Amish Star blocks? I know I'm pretty spent with their construction. I knocked out the last eight yesterday evening.

Here's the pile I have to tote to sew-in this coming weekend. I'll have the members assist me in block placement since, together, we all make the colors work to the very best.

54 Blocks made; two quilt tops to go

Comments

Popular Posts