One Thing? Really?

I do a little bit of quilting for the charity quilts others make in our guild. One of our members gave me those two quilts on Sunday to tackle, and I thought, 'I can knock both of these out in one day.'

Not so much!

I decided to play with my computer (take advantage of all the learning that I can) with the first quilt and holy cow, it took me ALL DAY!

It's a pretty good sized quilt though; 69" x 93 1/2" which could be why it did take longer then I anticipated.

But it's nearly done. I ran out of decent lighting last night and decided to look for tie-off threads today in the natural sunlight rather then counting on my one light over DW in the studio.

Here it is on the frame.

Charity Quilt #1 for Barb S.
I'll take care of number 2 today.

I'm really happy with most of the quilting I did, but not so happy with what happened in the sashing sections. I should probably rip them out and redo them, but they are all double stitched and quite honestly, it's a charity quilt, and I don't think the recipient is going to say, "Wow, this quilt is a piece of crap," because of the quilting.

I did do a bit of sewing after long-arming. I did a few more passes on the project I started at sew-in on Sunday; Heartstrings. When it rolled around to 9:00 and I had been in here for 11 hours, decided it was probably a good idea to just relax the rest of the night and take on more today.

Comments

Popular Posts