Flannel. Ya Love It or Ya Don't

Heartstrings quilt top is finished. The directions indicate I should lob off all those points and square the quilt up with that method. I'm not so sure about that choice in direction. I'll sit on it a few days and decide where I want to go with it.

Heartstrings. What to do with the edges?
I have some amazing quilt friends! I mean, AMAZING! One of them overheard me discussing my fabric stash, or rather my diminishing fabric stash. I'm not your typical quilt maker that only makes one or two a year. It's more like one or two a week and that burns through a stash toot-sweet.

Knowing this, she volunteered to give me fabrics she was going to just pitch. She was actually going to throw two totes full of fabric away. The idea of it just makes me just wince.

Instead, she asked if I wanted it and of course a resounding "yes" immediately passed through my lips. I know this lady and she does not buy second-rate fabrics. In fact, her purchases are usually of the highest quality and so I knew I had a quilting God Mother looking out for me.

This is one of several kits that were in one of the totes. I couldn't resist diving right in on it. It's too darn cute not to work on and it's all done in flannels. Some of them are soooo soft! I have an amazing walking foot on my Janome (Temp) and it kept all those layers together just fine. Here's where I ended last night.

Stars and Moon
This may end up being a really cute quilt for Tristan to hang out on when he comes to visit since his parents (our son and DIL) are astrophysicists.

Don't know if I'll get to work on this today or not. There is some muttering about whether we need to head into Lansing to assist our other son and DIL with roof replacement. Who knows?

Comments

  1. Who was going to THROW away fabric? Their photo along with FABRIC SINNER across their face will be front page on our next newsletter! And where was I? (Because lord knows I need another bag of someone else's scraps...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you know tonight. It won't surprise you in the least and if you want to come on over the pic through the second tote I have yet to take care of, PLEASE DO! I would love to share!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts