Scheduling Conflicts

Apparently my idea of the "perfect" day and Jim's idea are much different. I've tried talking to him about taking out the middle of the day for errands and I don't think the talk worked.

After quilting my new project and having lunch, he decided we needed to run into town to eradicate all the accumulated donation items we loaded in the truck the other day while cleaning out the barn. On to Hospice, Meijer, the Post Office, the Credit Union, and then the coffee shop we went.

When we returned back to home I had lost much of my momentum.

I relaxed and enjoyed my coffee on the back deck pondering whether to head back into the studio or to just call it a day. The pull to come back in here was much too great and I found myself back into where it is I love to spend time.

This room, this place, this area, is mine alone. When Jim's family added the Family Room addition on to this house, they rarely spent any time in this room and it still held true into the early years of our marriage. Occasionally the kids would come into this room and play video games with grandpa, but that wasn't usually for very long since the kids were very young then.

This place that I've made comfortable for me used to be the living room when Jim and his sisters were young. A time that family was family and not busted up by divorces and remarriages. I still don't feel like this house is mine. Since we've come back and renovated and changed a lot of the appearances of the place, it still reeks of Jim's family and some of the good, and not so good, memories.

But this room is kind off the beaten path in the footpath going through the home. It's tucked behind the kitchen and away from the family room. It jetties off the hallway heading towards the bathrooms and bedrooms. It's one doorway to outside and another back into reality. While I'm here I can lose myself in creativity, frustration, technology, and my passion for quilting. I can jam to my tunes and have the world at my fingertips through my computer. I love, love, love this room!

So, I had to come back even after the slight hiccup in my day.

Here's what DW had put on him.

Squirmy Wormy
After I loaded this quilt up and selected the thread I looked over and remembered where I left off with my other little project from yesterday. I sewed the front of the binding on and began blind stitching the back before my attention was again diverted elsewhere. Here's where it stands as of last night.

Circle of Geese
I love the close quilting I did in this on my new Janome machine. It free motions like a dream and I truly enjoy working with my free motion foot almost as much as I do on DW with the bigger projects. I'm so thankful to have this wonderful machine at my disposal; a small price to pay for Jim not listening to my wishes of uninterrupted days I think!

Because I'm really getting the hang of how Temp works (I call him Temp because he's temporary until my real machine is available which will be identical, but brand new) I thought I'd head in yet another direction with another small project.

Here's where I went after putting down the Circle of Geese binding.

Thread Sketching
The paper on the left is what I'm using as a guide as to how I'm sketching with thread on the right. For some reason I'm all into this rainbow stuff lately and thought maybe this would be a nice topper to that pull before moving back into my other five projects.

Comments

Popular Posts