The second firemen's quilt is off the frame, folded, and ready to go to Peggy for the binding on Thursday.
While working the last two borders I noticed this...
|Some kind of stain or something|
Then after I rolled the top to get the last border completed, this is what I discovered...
|Cutting it too close|
This seems to be a theme amongst these charity quilts. Something is usually a bit off about some aspect of their construction. I feel like I don't know how many more of these I really want to tackle. The frustration of having to un-load, re-load by pinning, and then still not getting close enough makes me wonder if doing this for free is worth the headaches anymore. Hmmm??
At any case, the quilt is done and I'm moving along. This is what we dressed DW with yesterday afternoon.
|Cute Baby Quilt|
I began putting the Friendship Stars together after the baby quilt, but I guess I was a little tired. While the window guys were here setting up for the family room replacements, I ended up sitting there ripping out the first row while listening to them because it just wasn't fitting together with the second row.
I forgot to square up the first row blocks and thought I could muddle my way through, but it just wasn't working out. I hope to get those blocks together today and then can start planning for any borders I might want to incorporate into the top.
Lots to do today and have beautiful weather to do it in. Loving my quilting life!