After I contacted Vicki, I checked myself to make sure I didn't have a "whoops" moment when loading the quilt. Even if I had turned the quilt 90 degrees, the backing still would have been short by about 2" and that doesn't include my extra 8 inches for mounting onto the frame.
Thankfully Vicki got the backing at The Hen House and can get more. I'll unload it tomorrow once she gets me the fabric at guild tonight and add the new backing on to the existing one for her.
Since this was discovered late yesterday morning, I had the rest of the day to make blocks for my new project.
Here's the mess I'm making while constructing the blocks.
|This drives me nuts!|
|Mumbo Jumbo Block|
When I closed up the studio last night I was at 14 blocks. Since I can't long arm today (sad face) I'll work on this for today. I don't think this should take me all day (although, you never know what kind of interruptions I'll have), and since we are nearing the end of the month, maybe I'll start my November Arcadia Avenue next (happy face).